commons-user mailing list archives

From "Shaan" <sh...@em-t.com>
Subject [net] Some FTP servers causing ParserInitializationException.
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:51:45 GMT

Hi,

               I am new to this forum as well as to this software. I was
trying my attached code with multiple of FTP servers. I don't know, after
connecting to some of FTP servers, I receive following exception when i use
ftp.listFiles() method.

org.apache.commons.net.ftp.parser.ParserInitializationException: Error
initializing parser

        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.parser
DefaultFTPFileEntryParserFactory
createFileEntryParser(DefaultFTPFileEntryParserFactory.java:115)

        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient
initiateListParsing(FTPClient.java:2306)

        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.listFiles(FTPClient
java:2055)

        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.listFiles(FTPClient
java:2106)

        at FTPTrial.main(FTPTrial.java:47)

Error :org.apache.commons.net.ftp.parser.ParserInitializationException:
Error initializing parser

I am attaching my code, its very simple.

I have noticed one thing, if ftp.getSystemName() method returns "null", then
only i receive this error, otherwise my code works fine.

Need to have pointer, where I am going wrong.

Thanks and regards,

Shahnaz Ali.