commons-user mailing list archives

From Javier Kohen <javier.ko...@buddystream.com>
Subject Re: [launcher] NullPointerException using sysproperty
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 02:33:39 GMT

Hi again,

Hmmm... my fault. Read below.

Javier Kohen wrote:

| Hi,
|
| I'm trying to set some system properties from the launcher. I plan to
| use the same launcher for several applications, all of which depend on
| the same system properties, therefore I wanted to avoid duplicating the
| system properties; specially because the properties should be user
| modifiable.

[..]

| My second approach was defining the system properties inline in the
| launcher.xml file. The problem is that when I try to reference this from
| the project.launcher.syspropertyset element I get a
| NullPointerException. Setting the same properties directly inside the
| project.launcher.syspropertyset works fine. See below.

[..]

I found out that I was supposed to use a syspropertyset element to refer
the ID instead of a sysproperty. Still a gracefully error would be
helpful. I step traced the NullPointerException to somewhere within
org.apache.commons.launcher.LaunchTask.execute(), but I'm not sure if
the bug is there or just in ant, as I'm pretty new to ant & friends.

Thanks to all who at least read my original post,

- --
VP Of Technology: Javier Kohen

BuddyStream Technologies

http://www.buddystream.com/

PHONE : 1-(313)-581-4899
FAX : 1-(313)-581-4899

This message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it
is addressed. It may contain privileged, confidential information
which is exempt from disclosure under applicable laws. If you are not
the intended recipient, please note that you are strictly prohibited
from disseminating or distributing this information (other than to the
intended recipient) or copying this information. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by E-mail or
by telephone at 1-(313)-205-3982.