commons-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From José Antonio Pérez Testa <japte...@indra.es>
Subject Re: [NET] ftpClient as part of a servlet application
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 16:36:56 GMT


Cindy Ballreich wrote:

>
>>>
>> You can't use the ftpclient from the client side in a jsp without 
>> having a signed java applet or an application.  Just to clarify, 
>> because from the posting it doesn't sound like that is clear.  The 
>> FileUpload class and everything else runs on the backend in the jsp 
>> container, so the ftp client will not be able to do the same thing as 
>> file upload simply because of the logistics and where the components 
>> need to run.  Do you have an applet or an application you are running 
>> ftp client in?
>>
>> Wade
>
>
>
> I'd like to run the ftp client as part of a servlet application under 
> Tomcat called as needed from a jsp form.

> This works fine when  Tomcat is running on the same machine that the 
> files to upload exist on, but when the files are on a remote system it 
> doesn't work.

Exactly Cindy, because
 The FtpClient class and everything else runs on the backend. That is on 
the tomcat machine, where the JVM is running.
In order to do Ftp put from client side ("in the jsp form" as you say) 
you need a jvm running in the browser and to do that you need an applet !!
There is no java in the browser for a jsp form !! That is the question!

The only way is FileUpload I fear!

>
> I'm trying to duplicate the functionality of FileUpload using ftp.
>
> Cindy
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: commons-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Este correo electrónico y, en su caso, cualquier fichero anexo al mismo, contiene información
de carácter confidencial exclusivamente dirigida a su destinatario o destinatarios. Queda
prohibida su divulgación, copia o distribución a terceros sin la previa autorización escrita
de Indra. En el caso de haber recibido este correo electrónico por error, se ruega notificar
inmediatamente esta circunstancia mediante reenvío a la dirección electrónica del remitente.

The information in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and solely for the attention
and use of the named addressee(s). You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copy of this communication is prohibited without the prior written consent of Indra. If
you have received this communication in error, please, notify the sender by reply e-mail

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: commons-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message