commons-user mailing list archives

From Cindy Ballreich <ci...@ballreich.net>
Subject Re: [NET] ftpClient as part of a servlet application
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 16:08:12 GMT

> You can't use the ftpclient from the client side in a jsp without having
> a signed java applet or an application.  Just to clarify, because from
> the posting it doesn't sound like that is clear.  The FileUpload class
> and everything else runs on the backend in the jsp container, so the ftp
> client will not be able to do the same thing as file upload simply
> because of the logistics and where the components need to run.  Do you
> have an applet or an application you are running ftp client in?
>
> Wade

I'd like to run the ftp client as part of a servlet application
under Tomcat called as needed from a jsp form. This works fine
when  Tomcat is running on the same machine that the files to
upload exist on, but when the files are on a remote system it
doesn't work.

I'm trying to duplicate the functionality of FileUpload using ftp.

Cindy