commons-user mailing list archives

From Cindy Ballreich <ci...@ballreich.net>
Subject Re: [NET] ftpClient as part of a servlet application
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 15:11:11 GMT

The jsp, Tomcat, and the ftp server are all on the same machine.
The files to be uploaded are on some remote user's machine. Yes,
I agree that FileUpload can certainly do this, but we've had some
issues uploading really big files using FileUpload and it was
suggested (by one of my bosses) that ftp might be more reliable.
The possibility of being able to restart the upload form (or
near) the point that it failed was especially attractive.