commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Using Digester to validate an XML file against an XSD
Date Sun, 12 Dec 2004 12:13:06 GMT
On 6 Dec 2004, at 23:31, Safdar Kureishy wrote:

<snip>

> Does anybody know what is the correct way of using Digester to validate
> an XML file against an XSD schema? Do I need to include any additional
> attributes in the XML/XSD files?

there are a number of wrinkles concerning schema validation using JAXP.
digester 1.6 uses some heuristics which work with some versions of some
parsers but there isn't a general solution.

if it's not working out-of-the-box, i'd recommend starting by
configuring the parser first (you'll need to consult the documentation
for the parser to find out how to do this) and then pass it to
digester. debug the configuration by testing validation using the
parser and make sure that it's working before hooking it up to
digester.

hope this helps

- robert