commons-user mailing list archives

From "John Brayton" <jb-apa...@virtualsanity.com>
Subject [digester] Schema Validation
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2004 03:28:31 GMT
I am trying to use Digester's schema validation capability, and would
appreciate some helpful input.

I did see the following note in the JavaDoc for Digester 1.6:
> IMPLEMENTATION NOTE - A bug in Xerces 2.0.2 prevents the support of XML
> schema. You need Xerces 2.1/2.3 and up to make this class working with XML
> schema

I am using Xerces 2.4, so I would assume the above note would not apply to
my project.  However, when I use Digester 1.6, schema validation does not
happen.  It does happen with Digester 1.5.  I can subclass Digester (1.6),
replacing the getParser() method with a copy of the getParser() function
from Digester 1.5, and the schema validation happpens.  The relevant
change appears to be the way the configuration properties are set.

So, what I'm trying to understand is:

-What is the goal of the change in the getParser() function between 1.5
and 1.6?

-Is there a "correct" way to use schema validation with Digester 1.6 that
I am not doing?

Thank you.

John