commons-user mailing list archives

From Andy Kriger <>
Subject [Digester] Modifying params
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 17:39:56 GMT
I'm new to digester and I have it more or less working the way I want,
however I have a question about modifying parameters.

Here's a config

I store b's body in a object field. Later I call addCallMethod using
c's body as a param. I would like to be able to prepend b's body to
c's body when I setup addCallParam (so that addCallMethod uses the
parameter "prependMe/someText"). Is there a way to do this using any
of the add. methods?

Right now I do this withdigester.setSubstitutor, but I'm not clear on
something with that solution - what is the scope of the substitutor?
Is it used when processing every element that's encountered? How do
you unset the substitutor?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message