commons-user mailing list archives

From Emmanouil Batsis <manos_li...@geekologue.com>
Subject [configuration] is creating class instances possible?
Date Tue, 28 Dec 2004 19:46:00 GMT

Hello,

I'm preparing to switch my application from custom configuration code to
commons configuration, but couldn't figure this one out from the docs...

My custom configuration is heavily used to configure interface implementations
like:

<interface name="bla.InterfaceName" implementation="my.MyImplementation" />

or load instances of singletons/factories like

<factory class="bla.SomeFactoryImpl" name="someFactory" jndi="true" />

then expose those as properterties of the configuration singleton or put them
in the JNDI tree.

Can i do this or anything similar with commons-configuration or should i
simply use it to get the string value of a class name and go on from there?

Many thanks for your time and help,

Manos