commons-user mailing list archives

From Marc-Christian Schröer>
Subject [net] encoding problem
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2004 07:32:04 GMT
Hello list!

I am using the FTPClient class to upload files to a Linux server using
UTF-8 encoding for its filenames, etc. I have recently run into some
serious problem: files containing German umlauts are not stored correctly
on the destination system. Using the standard ftp client supplied with
the distribution solves the problem but this workaround cannot stay.

I tried to set the encoding using setControlEncoding("UTF-8") explicitly,
but that did not change anything.

Did anybody experience the same problem and can point me to some
solution? Thanks in advance and merry christmas to everyone on this list.

Kind regards from Germany,
 Marc-Christian Schröer
 Dipl.-Inform. Marc-Christian Schröer
 Informationstechnologie GmbH & Co. KG            Tel. +49.231.9742.543
 Emil-Figge-Strasse 76-80                         Fax. +49.231.9742.544
 D-44227 Dortmund

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message