commons-user mailing list archives

From Joe Smith <apn...@yahoo.com>
Subject invalid file path
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2004 02:25:44 GMT

I am using common file upload API in the java program, and it is able to upload any files
except the user tries to enter the backslash, or double slashes (//) in the browse file text
box, not using browse button. For example, C:/test.java will produces the following error.
But if I do C:\test.java, then it's perfect

A file or directory in the path name does not exist.) at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native
Method) at java.io.FileOutputStream.(FileOutputStream.java(Compiled Code)) at java.io.FileOutputStream.(FileOutputStream.java(Inlined
Compiled Code)) at org.apache.commons.fileupload.DefaultFileItem.write(DefaultFileItem.java(Compiled
Code))

so the only workaround is to implement javascript myself? Maybe common file upload doesn't
take care of those cases.

please advise. thanks