commons-user mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mfncoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: uploading image?
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2004 16:50:10 GMT
Struts actually uses Commons FileUpload for its upload functionality,
and you'll be able to do what you need with Struts itself. The Struts
FormFile interface handles both text and binary uploads. All you need
to do is decide where you want to store the image on disk.

Displaying the image on the page is independent of the upload process.
Depending on where you stored the uploaded image, you may be able to
use an app-relative URL to retrieve it. Otherwise, you may need to
serve it up using a servlet.

If you have more questions on this, I recommend that you ask them on
the Struts User list. There are many people on that list who have done
exactly what you are trying to accomplish with Struts.

--
Martin Cooper