commons-user mailing list archives

From "marc & lan" <marc...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [Jelly] setDataSource error in sql tags
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2004 23:26:09 GMT
David Wynter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can only assume a bug in sql jelly tags, as I have tried several ways
> of setting the sql:setDataSource values, none work. It appears from
> the responses so far (i.e. zero) no one knows enough about it to
> support it. I'll report on what I find debugging it.

Hey man, it's christmas :)

Do you have tried to watch in debugging mode ?
Do you have tried same arguments in a classic jdbc retrieving ?
Which jelly version are you using ?
Try to display context var "javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.sql.dataSource" after
datasource declaration, is it null ?

The second message is more serious to me. Are your sure driver is in
classpath (I know, it looks stupid, but are you very sure ?)

First : Look at your namesapce declaration [line 1 : --> <j:jelly
xmlns:j="http://www.blah.com/ns/jelly" <---].
It must be <j:jelly xmlns:j="jelly:core">.
So for santa claus hacking try :
1 - to put exact namesapce declaration
2 - to look in debugging mode
3 - to run aside to get same job an old plain jdbc java code.

Don't worry be happy, jelly is a hard way, but "ca vaut le coup".
Give back exception trace stack.

Marc DeXeT