commons-user mailing list archives

From "David Liles" <David.Li...@kcc.usda.gov>
Subject fileupload problems
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2004 20:18:56 GMT
I am using the commons-fileupload jar in an application and am experiencing a stream termination
error when in our production environment.

This same functionality works without problems on the local laptop where it is being developed,
but once the code is moved to production 99% of the time we get an error. The odd thing is
that after countless tests last night two of the test attempts worked but all of the others
generated an error.

-- ERROR MESSAGE --
2004-11-11 21:58:34 StandardWrapperValve[action]: Servlet.service() for servlet action threw
exception
org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadException: Processing of multipart/form-data request
failed. Stream ended unexpectedly

Is there a Tomcat setting that should be adjusted from the default regarding socket timeouts?
I've set the following values in the <Connector> tag:   connectionTimeout="0" disableUploadTimeout="true"

Our environment is Tomcat 5.0.x on a Windows 2000 server with JDK 1.4

Any ideas?

Thanks - David