commons-user mailing list archives

From "Grant Ingersoll" <GSIng...@syr.edu>
Subject [configuration] Properties files in jars
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 14:21:50 GMT
Hi,

I am using the commons-configuration-1.0.  I would like to specify a
property file located in a JAR file.  The following property declaration
_does_  work:

<properties
fileName="jar:file:///c:/myPath/myJar.jar!/my.properties"/>

However, I would like to specify a relative path to the JAR file
instead of a full path (as other developers on the project may not have
the file in the same path).  I have tried a variety of combinations, but
none seem to work.

Can anyone shed some light on this?  Is it possible to specify a
relative path for JAR files like this?  The JAR file is in the
classpath, if that matters.

Thanks,
Grant Ingersoll