commons-user mailing list archives

From Dakota Jack <>
Subject Re: [FileUpload] Cannot extend DefaultFileItem
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2004 05:50:40 GMT
I extend the DiskFileItem with great results.  No problem with it at all.

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 21:22:42 -0800, Martin Cooper <> wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 15:13:10 +1100, Jason Polites
> <> wrote:
> > I am wanting to implement my own FileItem class which is really an extension of
the DefaultFileItem but with the added feature of creating (and providing access to) a physical
file on the server with the same name as the one uploaded.  However, I can't extend the DefaultFileItem
class because its constructor does not have an access modifier and therefore is not visible
to extending classes outside the org.apache.commons.fileupload package.  I don't want to re-implement
all the code in the DefaultFileItem, but I can't seen any other way.