commons-user mailing list archives

From "Christoph Gaffga" <cgaf...@triplemind.com>
Subject [betwixt] element without name attribute in do betwixt file?
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 19:48:32 GMT
hi all,

I have a collection containing differen instances. Now I output the XML
using betwixt with a dot-betwixt-file containing:

<info primitiveTypes="element">
  <element name="MyTest">
    <element name="list">
      <element name="item" property="collection"/>
    </element>
  </element>
</info>

where my collection is an instance of ArrayList. I get a result like:

<MyTest>
  <list>
    <item>5</item>
    <item>a string</item>
  <list>
</MyTest>

That's fine. Bus what if I would like it to be:

<MyTest>
  <list>
    <Integer>5</Integer>
    <String>a string</String>
  <list>
</MyTest>

or for instances of complex classes their name from their dot-betwixt-file.

I looked into the DTD and saw the name-attribute is required. so I cant
write something like:
      <element property="collection"/>
but that is excatliy what I like to do, have the name depanding on the
instance.

Is there another way to have this done. Can I plug this somewhere.
Any Ideas?

regards,
Christoph
cgaffga@triplemind.com