commons-user mailing list archives

From Jiaqi <cyclopsgr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jelly] Stateless/Stateful Tag?
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 17:56:27 GMT
So what is the best practice for developer to frequently execute
predefined jelly script?

In my project, process is defined in xml file, which will not be
changed logically, which could be very complicated. Logically volatile
stuff is variables (like current user name and form data). It's easier
for me to model process definition with tag/scripts and put variables
into JellyContext. Otherwise, I can not figure out any solution else.

What is your suggestions? Thanks

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 09:37:25 +0100, Paul Libbrecht <paul@activemath.org> wrote:
> Mmmh,
>
> I would rather view the contrary: tag and tagscript objects are
> entirely volatile where the context is something that stores exactly
> how much you want (that is, not more than needed).
> So I'd rather rely on the jelly-context to add states of the tag...
>
> paul
>
> Le 1 nov. 04, à 20:41, Jiaqi Guo a écrit :
>

> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I want to reuse jelly Script object since in my current project,
> > Script will run frequently with different given JellyContext created
> > at runtime and I don't want to create Script and Tag objects time and
> > time again.
> >
> > My concern is, in TagScript, Tag object is cached in ThreadLocal and
> > runtime JellyContext object is sitting in Tag object. So runtime
> > context is saved until next time the Script runs. To my understanding,
> > JellyContext should not be saved because it's transient. Putting it
> > into Tag object makes developer easy, and makes Tag object stateful.
> >
> > Is there any thing I can do to clean Tag objects after the doTag
> > method is called without explicitely add setContext(null) in each
> > doTag() method, or prevent Tag from absorbing JellyContext into
> > itself? Any suggestions?
> >

> > Thanks
> > Jiaqi

Regards