commons-user mailing list archives

From "Vito Campanelli" <vito.campane...@mcgill.ca>
Subject RE: Rename File While Upload
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 19:43:08 GMT
Hi Martin,

Thanks for the reply.

My user uploads a file filename.doc, once the file gets uploaded or
before, I would like to give it a more meaningful name
(firstname_lastname.doc).

Is this possible? Right now I am using the following:

Runtime r = Runtime.getRuntime();
            r.exec("cmd /c rename " ......)

I just wonder is there something else I could use.

Thanks
Vito

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Cooper [mailto:mfncooper@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 2:08 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: Rename File While Upload

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 12:27:52 -0500, Vito Campanelli
<vito.campanelli@mcgill.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using the FileUpload 1.0 with success.
>
> My question is, is there anyway to rename the file before it gets
> uploaded?

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you mean by this. It's not
possible to rename the file on the local disk before uploading. On the
other hand, it is entirely your choice as to whether or not to use the
file name supplied by the browser when the file is uploaded.

Perhaps you could clarify what it is that you are trying to do?

--
Martin Cooper