commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <>
Subject Re: [BeanUtils] Using a DynaClass as Class?
Date Sun, 28 Nov 2004 22:11:45 GMT
On 27 Nov 2004, at 15:58, Michael Schuerig wrote:

> I'd like to pass a DynaClass instance to a method that takes a Class
> argument. This doesn't seem to be possible, or is it?

a DynaClass is not a real class (and i don't see any way that it could
every be).

> My concrete case is that I want to map XML type to a DynaClass in a
> call
> to WSIFService.mapType(QName, Class).

i suspect that you're out of luck: a library has to be written to be
dynabean aware.

you might be able to find ways around this but it'd probably mean
learning a lot more about the innards of the service. (maybe create a
special class)

alternatively, choose a dynabean aware binder. (for example,

- robert

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message