commons-user mailing list archives

From "Pawson, David" <David.Paw...@rnib.org.uk>
Subject RE: File upload and download.
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:03:33 GMT

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Dakota Jack

    Send my your exceptions.  However, what you must be doing
    wrong is to not put your values in for the "webapp" and the
    "whatever".

Yes, you are right.

org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap looks like the
the boot class. Is that the form you mean please.

    In the following code you must have your
    classpath for the class Classpath in the package statement:
    "com.whatever.classpath" and where it says "webapp" you
    need to put in the name of the folder which you have
    sitting in CATALINA_HOME.  I you were to substitute "com"
    for "webapp"
    in public static final String CATALINA_HOME = HERE.substring(

                  1,

       HERE.lastIndexOf("webapp")); then you would get the result
          "[CATALINA_HOME]/webapp/WEB-INF/classes"

    Do that and you will see what the value of webapp is for
    you.  Do you understand?

To be honest, not yet.
I'm trying within a simple, standalone app to get my head round it Jack.

regards DaveP

--
DISCLAIMER:

and any attachments from your system.