commons-user mailing list archives

From Skip/Jan Hodgson <>
Subject Commons-Net Ftp Client
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2004 00:25:08 GMT
Has anyone noticed?

I downloaded the to use the Ftp Client feature for
a Java project (with Sun Java SDK 1.4.2).  Using the method
FTPClient.listFiles(String) the code compiled OK but at runtime gave a
NoClassDefFoundError looking for MalformedPatternException.class in the
package org/apache/oro/text/regex.  This package is available as
jakarta-oro-2.0.8.jar of course and getting this fixed the little
problem but wouldn't it be better to wrap these together somehow or list
a formal dependency?  A regex package is included in the Sun SDK now.
Is this causing some sort of "version" problem?  I have noticed similar
little "packaging" problems with other projects in the past but I can't
think of a neat way to point them out to the developers.  They are
hardly "bugs" but they are a bit annoying!

Skip Hodgson

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message