commons-user mailing list archives

From Tom van den Berge <tom.vandenbe...@bibit.com>
Subject [HttpClient] Lifetime of an unused connection
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2004 10:00:36 GMT
Hi,

When using a MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager for an HttpClient,
connections that are used and released again are placed back in the pool
again, so they can be reused. I was wondering for how long unused
connections will remain in the pool. In other words, what is causing a
connection to be removed from the pool?

I can imagine it might be caused by the read timeout of the socket, or
there may be a separate 'keep alive' setting? Also the remote host might
terminate the connection after some time, and how does that influence
the connection object in the pool?

I'm talking about httpclient 2.0.2.

Thanks,
Tom