commons-user mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@managesoft.com>
Subject Comparing 2 lists via contents?
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2004 11:54:19 GMT
Hi All,

Hope all is going well.

I'm looking for a particular method in List or Collection Utils but
can't find it, must be going blind! ;)

I've got 2 lists, containing objects that are equal by value but not
equal by reference (ie. a.equals(b) is true, but a == b is false).

CollectionUtils.isEqualsCollection(Collection, Collection) seems to work
by comparing whether the objects are equal by reference, ie. whether a
== b is true.

Is there something similar for comparing the contents of 2 lists by
value, perhaps somewhere that I've missed?

Cheers,

Marcus

      ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft Corporation
      $       o_)$$$:   Frankfurt am Main, Germany
            \_&&&&'
           &&&&.
     &&&&&&&: