commons-user mailing list archives

From Chemi <jmor...@terra.es>
Subject [Commons-net NTTP]: Problem getting info of a Newsgroup
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 16:05:08 GMT
Hi, I am getting the list of newsgroups from a NNTP Server (James
v2.2.0) with:

    NNTPClient client = new NNTPClient();
    client.addProtocolCommandListener(new DebugCommandListener(logger));
    client.connect(this.host,this.port);
    NewsgroupInfo[] newsgroupInfo = client.listNewsgroups();

DebugCommandListener is a class which prints in the console all the NNTP
Protocol traffic. In my case, I have some newsgroups with zero articles
so I see this answer from the server in the console:

    211 0 0 0 org.apache.james.user group selected

But when I get the total number of articles with:

    newsgrouInfo[x].getArticlecount()

it returns 1. And it should return 0. Right?

Is this a known bug? Am I missing anything? Reading javadoc information,
I see "Get the estimated number of articles in the newsgroup. The
accuracy of this value will depend on the server implementation.". But
as I said when I print the answer from the server I can see 0 as the
number of articles.

By the way, I am using commons-net 1.2.2

Thanks in advance,

    Chemi.