commons-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: [Jelly] More accessible general examples?
Date Sun, 07 Nov 2004 08:01:29 GMT
org.apache.commons.jelly.Jelly is runnable on the command-line.
However, you need a huge classpath!

There's two ways for you in the maven.xml

• maven pack-fat-jar
will (by default) pack you a large jar merging all classes needed to
run most of the taglibs, at least those without
non-downloadable-dependencies. Has the option of building them all or
fetching them from the maven remote repo.

• using the same goal... you'll find a ": or ;"-separated list of jars
jelly depends-on, mostly inside the repository.
This ca be used with good command-line on unices:
   java -classpath `cat target/classpath-with-deps.txt` \
      org.apache.commons.jelly.Jelly theFile.jelly
(or your own main-class and params)
(target/classpath-with-deps.txt is the default value of classpathFile)

Hope that helps.

paul