commons-user mailing list archives

From Reid Pinchback <>
Subject Re: [digester] Books/examples?
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2004 19:08:21 GMT

I haven't seen a book out there with really
significant Digester coverage, typically just some
brief mentions and urgings that you use it.  I've been
pulling together some notes for a book over the last
several months, but lately contractor life has been
intruding.  Not sure how much demand there would be
for a Digester book, but figured it would be a fun
experience even if it wasn't a money-maker.  If I make
more headway, I may end up scouting for reviewers to
point out the flaws in my writing.

For now, there is some decent material in the javadocs
and the unit tests of the source distribution.  Not
enough to learn everything about Digester, but enough
to get rolling on the simpler aspects.  If you haven't
looked at the unit tests, I'd recommend starting
there.  I'd also recommend looking at the Struts
source, since it makes good use of the Digester for
reading the struts-config.xml and tiles files.

--- Steve Blom <> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm new to using digester and was curious if their
> are
> any books or other sources that have examples/more
> docs on digester?
> Thanks - Steve

Do you Yahoo!?
Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.