commons-user mailing list archives

From Michael Schuerig <mich...@schuerig.de>
Subject [Digester] Digesting into a database
Date Sat, 06 Nov 2004 23:08:40 GMT

I have written a couple of rules and support classes for Commons
Digester that help to abuse it in an interesting way. Instead of
creating application objects, now the digester inserts rows into a JDBC
database.

At the current stage, the code _works for me_(TM). If you look at it too
sharply, you may cut it into pieces. As yet it works with HSQLDB.
Adaptation to another DBMS requires implementing an interface, which is
no big deal presumably.

I'm not sure about the future of this thing. I don't promise to develop
it any further. As is, the functionality has proven useful to me,
possibly its useful to others, too.

With all these caveats in place, have a look at the (minimal) javadocs
and get the source+binary zip at

http://www.schuerig.de/michael/java/dbdigester

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                           The more it stays the same,
mailto:michael@schuerig.de                        The less it changes!