commons-user mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mfncoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: fileupload problems
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 04:40:11 GMT
The most likely problems I can think of are:

1) You're using the ISAPI redirector. In this case, you need to grab a
newer version. There was a bug in older versions that caused problems
such as the one you describe.

2) Something else is listening on the same port. This isn't likely,
since you're using Tomcat, which manages to detect that situation and
fails to start. (Some other web containers seem to start even if the
port is already in use.)

--
Martin Cooper

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 14:18:56 -0600, David Liles
<david.liles@kcc.usda.gov> wrote:
> I am using the commons-fileupload jar in an application and am experiencing a stream
termination error when in our production environment.

> This same functionality works without problems on the local laptop where it is being
developed, but once the code is moved to production 99% of the time we get an error. The odd
thing is that after countless tests last night two of the test attempts worked but all of
the others generated an error.

> -- ERROR MESSAGE --
> 2004-11-11 21:58:34 StandardWrapperValve[action]: Servlet.service() for servlet action
threw exception
> org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadException: Processing of multipart/form-data
request failed. Stream ended unexpectedly

> Is there a Tomcat setting that should be adjusted from the default regarding socket timeouts?
I've set the following values in the <Connector> tag:   connectionTimeout="0" disableUploadTimeout="true"