commons-user mailing list archives

From Thilina <thil...@beyondm.net>
Subject Software error - while accessing a cgi page
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 06:19:45 GMT
hi,

I'm using Commons http-client to access and get the source of the cgi
page.

import org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient;
import org.apache.commons.httpclient.UsernamePasswordCredentials;
import org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.GetMethod;
import org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.PostMethod;

import java.io.IOException;

public class WebPageGetter {
    public String getContent(String URL) throws IOException {

//URL = http://bugs.beyondm.net/createaccount.cgi

       HttpClient client = new HttpClient();

        PostMethod get = new PostMethod(URL);
        get.setDoAuthentication( true );
        int status = client.executeMethod( get );
        String response = get.getResponseBodyAsString();
        get.releaseConnection();
        return response;
    }
}

I got the following message while accessing a cgi page
(createaccount.cgi).

Software error:
Couldn't get form data at CGI.pl line 1375.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (root@localhost), giving
this error message and the time and date of the error.

Software error:
[Thu Nov 18 10:58:59 2004] createaccount.cgi: Couldn't get form data at
CGI.pl line 1375.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/bugzilla/createaccount.cgi
line 28.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (root@localhost), giving
this error message and the time and date of the error.

Why this kind of message arrives and can you please send me a way to
solve it?

Thank you.
Thilina