commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <>
Subject Re: [digester] Books/examples?
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2004 20:56:26 GMT
Hi Steve,

If you download the source distribution for Digester release 1.6.0, you
will find some examples in the src/examples directory. These should be
more readable than the unit tests, and are intended to demonstrate all
the basic features of commons-digester.

If there is anything about the examples that you find unclear or
incomplete, please email suggestions to this list so that the problem
can be addressed...

I think a book on the subject of java<->XML mapping techniques would be
a great idea for someone to tackle, with Digester given a couple of
chapters. I can't see Digester making sufficient material for a
dead-tree publication all by itself. There was a fellow asking questions
about various commons projects a while ago, with the intention of
writing a book on jakarta-commons. I haven't heard anything since,
though, so I guess the project sunk...