commons-user mailing list archives

From "Jason Polites" <jasonpoli...@tpg.com.au>
Subject [FileUpload] Cannot extend DefaultFileItem
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2004 04:13:10 GMT
I am wanting to implement my own FileItem class which is really an extension of the DefaultFileItem
but with the added feature of creating (and providing access to) a physical file on the server
with the same name as the one uploaded.  However, I can't extend the DefaultFileItem class
because its constructor does not have an access modifier and therefore is not visible to extending
classes outside the org.apache.commons.fileupload package.  I don't want to re-implement all
the code in the DefaultFileItem, but I can't seen any other way.

Is there a reason this class was created to prevent it from ever being extended?

Please advise.