commons-user mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [chain] Is anybody out there using chain in a production system?
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 04:03:47 GMT
On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 14:24:02 -0500, Vic Cekvenich
<cekvenich.vic@portalvu.com> wrote:

> We are using it in alpha.
> It is wounderfull. At the end of the project, we have a bunch of "same
> size bricks" and have interchanged them quite a bit.
> I used to use IoC.

Interesting comment from someone who has been a fairly strong advocate
of IoC :-).  I'd be interested in hearing more about what you found
beneficial using CoR instead -- it sounds like the Lego analogy
(everything plugs together the same way) might be part of it -- and/or
if there is anything that would improve the design of [chain] before
we go 1.0 with it.

By the way, don't miss the recently implemented changes from Sean that
allow a nice way to look up catalogs in a catalog factory without
having to pass any arguments around.  I'm definitely going to leverage
that in struts-chain and other places.

> .V

Craig