commons-user mailing list archives

From "David Wynter" <da...@roamware.co.uk>
Subject RE: [Jelly] Email tags not there, so can you use Commons email
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:02:53 GMT
To somewhat answer my own question, it seems that SimpleMail class has a
setTo(Collection aList) in addition to the addTo(String aList) method,
thereby satisfying the need to be a Bean. This complicates things a little
further in that you need to create a Collection class and add the individual
recipient addresses to that before then passing that as a argument to the
setTo setter.

But I am still somewhat confused how that recent patch can be referring to
the email tag when it was removed 20 months ago.

For me, the end user of this would find the email tag easier to understand
than any define tag + setters.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: David Wynter [mailto:david@stpenable.com]
Sent: 19 October 2004 09:48
To: Commons-User
Subject: [Jelly] Email tags not there, so can you use Commons email

Hi,

I checked CVS and it seems that the email tablib was reomved abotu 20 months
ago. But then I found this patch file referring to the tagloib
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/attachment/12650/mpannouncement-9.patch

So the alternatice seems to be that you use the define tag (although not too
familiar with it)  to define the commons SimpleEmail class and set up the
values from there. But unfortunately it seems that not all required
attribute values can be set as it is not a Bean, e.g. addTo() for adding
recipients. Ideas on how to approach this, point me to soem exmaples if
possible, I

David Wynter