commons-user mailing list archives

From "Charles Hudak" <charles.hu...@cardionet.com>
Subject RE: Connection pooling question
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 00:42:44 GMT
This is not really connection pooling. Rather, he has a singleton instance of a connection
that all of the threads of his app share. With so many obvious solutions to pooling out there,
it amazes me that someone would continue to do the wrong thing regarding such a simple premise.
I've been using connection pooling in weblogic and jboss for years and wouldn't even consider
'rolling my own' solution like this.

This WILL NOT SCALE and will be a major contention point between threads in the application.