commons-user mailing list archives

From "Ivan Vasquez" <i...@itos.uga.edu>
Subject RE: DiskFileUpload.parseRequest returns no items
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 15:14:15 GMT
I was pretty happy using struts upload until we moved the application to
a tomcat cluster. If the form is session-scoped and contains a FormFile,
the cluster encounters problems serializing it (an underlying class is
not serializable), so session replication will fail and the application
breaks.

That's how I got to commons fileupload, to avoid placing the uploaded
file into anything that's session-scoped. Now at least I know that I
can't go that way :-\

Thank you.
Ivan.

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Cooper [mailto:mfncooper@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 10:38 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: DiskFileUpload.parseRequest returns no items

File upload is already supported by Struts, so you don't have to worry
about how to use Commons FileUpload yourself. If you try to do so, the
result you are seeing is to be expected, since Struts has already
parsed the request, and it is no longer available for your code to
also parse.

For information on how to use the file upload capabilities in Struts,
see:

http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsFileUpload

--
Martin Cooper