commons-user mailing list archives

From Eduardo José Hernández Cisneros <ejhernan...@hotmail.com>
Subject Connection pooling question
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 00:37:03 GMT
Hi everybody,

    One friend developed an in-house “connection pooling”, the main idea of
this component is to open one single database connection. The users request
for a statements or prepared statements instead of connections. My friend
calls his component “connection pooling” and probably it is not a connection
pooling at all. I would like to know the advantages and disadvantages of
this component in a multithreading application, for example a web
application. I am a DBCP and Pool user and to be honest I like them.

Thanks in advance.

--Eduardo