commons-user mailing list archives

From Dakota Jack <crackwil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FileUpload\Windows 2003 Server\Tomcat
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 23:52:33 GMT
What is your code for his, Robert?  And, what is the stack trace of
the error?  It looks like the problem is in OutputStream os =
item.getOutputStream();  and this goes back to

    protected File getTempFile()
    {
        File tempDir = repository;
        if (tempDir == null)
        {
            tempDir = new File(System.getProperty("java.io.tmpdir"));
        }

        String fileName = "upload_" + getUniqueId() + ".tmp";

        File f = new File(tempDir, fileName);
        f.deleteOnExit();
        return f;
    }

Have you checked out your temporary directory?  Or, I think there is
something about the threshold only being used for certain things.

Jack

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 18:01:11 -0400, Robert Priest
<robert.priest@bentley.com> wrote:
> Hello, I am running a version of tomcat 4.1 on Windows 2003 Server and I
> keep getting the following problem from the
>
> DiskFileUpload.parseRequest() call:
>
> Date:                   Wed Oct 27 17:23:18 EDT 2004 (1098912198367)
> Message #:      274
> Level:          ERROR
> NDC:
> Category:       com.projectwise.web.server.lite.LiteServlet
> Message:                Encountered Situation parsing file upload
> request
> Location:
> Thrown:
> org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadException: Processing of
> multipart/form-data request failed. Stream ended unexpectedly
>         at
> org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase.parseRequest(FileUploadBase
> .java:364)
>         at
> com.projectwise.web.server.lite.formhandler.FormHandler.arrangeRequest(F
> ormHandler.java:655)
>
> This code works fine on other machines (w2k, XP, etc). I am only seeing
> this when I am running on a Windows 2003 Server.
>
> It seems to happen when on
>
> FileUploadBase line:349
>
>                finally
>                         {
>      line 349: -->     os.close();
>                         }
>
> the original exception is a
>
> org.apache.commons.fileupload.MultipartStream$MalformedStreamException
> "Stream ended unexpectedly"
>
> is anyone else seeing this issue?
>
> I am using a version of fileupload which  I compiled today from the cvs
> repository.
>
> it is:  commons-fileupload-1.1-dev.jar
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> I would appreciate the help. Thanks.