commons-user mailing list archives

From "David Tonhofer, m-plify S.A." <d.tonho...@m-plify.com>
Subject Re: [dbcp] removing idle connections.
Date Sun, 10 Oct 2004 12:30:53 GMT
Hmmm...I don't time to look at you code but here are some hints:

> 1) What settings i have to bring in for DBCP to remove these types of
> connections?

Dead connections are automatically removed/recreated if you use
GenericObjectPool and switch on all validations. Check out my notes in
<http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/DBCP>

> 2) Can i set some time interval for DBCP to remove it automatically from
> pool before firewall close them?

You are asking for a Pool from Jakarta Pooling (not Jakarta DBCP) that does
asynchronous validation. AFAIK there is no such thing yet, all verifications
are done synchronously. But that should be enough.

> 3) Can DBCP remove broken connections by itself? As  connections can be
> broken by any reason by  any party at any time.

Yes, see above.