commons-user mailing list archives

From Marc DEXET <Marc.De...@dsi.cnrs.fr>
Subject [Jelly] How to create and use custom scope with standard tag libr ary ?
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 07:40:08 GMT
Hello everybody.

The new big question of the morning (and just before coffee : it's rude !)

How can I create custom scope (other than 'parent') with usual libs ?

A very simple example :

<j:jelly xmlns:j="jelly:core">
	<j:set var="item" scope="myScope" value="bike"/>
	<j:expr value="${myScope.item}"/>
</j:jelly>

Of course, as there's no scope nammed "myScope" in usual context,
setVariable(name, scope, object) don't put the var in context.

Second question : assumed the fact I succeed to put "myScope.item".

If a call ${myScope.item} how could findVariable(String) and getVariable(...

[STOP] Oooops ! I get the answer
In JellyContext @version $Revision: 1.10 $
it's wrote

 // ### this is a hack - remove this when we have support for pluggable
Scopes

Ok ok, so my quest is ended here ?

Bad day, hope good coffee :)

--