commons-user mailing list archives

From Kristofer Eriksson <Kristofer.Eriks...@techmar.de>
Subject RE: [jelly] xml transform tag and the text attribute
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:27:34 GMT
And sorry beeing stupid and not trying:

                <x:parse text="${scriptxml}" var="doc1" />
                <x:transform xml="${doc1}" xslt test1.xsl " var="doc" >
                </x:transform>

which works fine.

Thanks

/Kristofer

-----Original Message-----
From: Kristofer Eriksson [mailto:Kristofer.Eriksson@techmar.de]
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 11:10 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: [jelly] xml transform tag and the text attribute

Hi all,

A question related to xml transform tag and the text attribute

                <j:set var="sxml" trim="true" encode="false">

                    <document>

                        <chapter>It ääh works!</chapter>

                    </document>

                </j:set>

                <x:transform text="${sxml}" xslt="test1.xsl" var="doc" />

Above script should work as far as I understand how you can use the
transform tag but it doesn't for me. Am I doing something wrong or have I
understood something wrong. In my real solution, the xml comes created, and
I need to transform it within a jelly script.

I have also tried to parse the xml string before and then use copyOf within
the transform tag, like:

                <x:parse text="${scriptxml}" var="doc1" />

                <x:transform xslt test1.xsl" var="doc" >

                    <x:copyOf select="$doc1/*"/>

                </x:transform>

but that throws an exception (java.util.EmptyStackException) so no go there
either. The actual parse is succesfull here.

Help appreciated

Kind Regards

Kristofer Eriksson