commons-user mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: [HttpClient] getting the http connection or setting the params
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2004 01:35:28 GMT
Hi Gustavo,

Not sure what you mean by "setting the connection parameters".  All
timeout params available on the connection are configurable via some
HttpClient param.  Which timeout do you want to set?

Though it is possible to get access to the actual connection it is
highly discouraged.

It sounds like you may want a method to abort a request after some
time.  HttpClient does not have a built-in "request timeout" param, but
it can be simulated.  You would need a thread separate from the one
executing the method that keeps track of the method execution time.  If
it went over a timeout value you could call HttpMethod.abort().

Mike