commons-user mailing list archives

From sc...@urlgrey.net
Subject JXPath: Thread-Safe Behavior and Real-Time Applications
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 21:02:54 GMT
I have just joined the Commons list, and haven't seen any significant
messages addressing these subjects, so here goes:

I am working on a framework for my employer which is required to map
object graphs mirroring the database structure (data access layer) to
domain-specific (application service) object graphs.  This will
essentially allow us to define Java object graph "views" on the data.
While spiking on the problem I determined that JXPath may be a good fit
for mapping from the data access layer out to the business objects, and
the reverse driven by "breadcrumbs" (XPath statements) stored in the
business objects from the initial pull.

My remaining concerns are driven more by load and experience:
* Does JXPath work well in a multi-threaded environment (read: J2EE
application server)?
* How does it perform with medium sized object graphs (10-20 entities) in
a production environment attempting real-time graph traversals(we're using
a SunFire 15K, so we should have lots of horsepower)?

Kudos to the developers of JXPath, it's a great way to visualize and
interact with object graphs!  Any help appreciated, thanks,

--
Scott Kidder