commons-user mailing list archives

From Philip DONAGHY <>
Subject Re: Commons Pool : problem with maxActive configuration
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 11:37:38 GMT
Hi Loic,

I assume that you are using a standard implementation for creating your
connection pool;) Something like this,

GenericObjectPool connectionPool = new GenericObjectPool(null);
ConnectionFactory connectionFactory = new
DriverManagerConnectionFactory("jdbc:some:connect:string", "username",
PoolableConnectionFactory poolableConnectionFactory = new
PoolingDataSource dataSource = new PoolingDataSource(connectionPool);

Post it if there is something else that you do. My suggestion is to read
(debug) the code source implementation of dbcp and pool. Pay attention
to any tests that may use a similar configuration. Submit a bug if there
is one.

Loïc Fournial a écrit :
> Hy,
> i work on an application which use commons pool.
> i configure the propetyies like that :
> connection.pool.max.wait=10000
> connection.pool.min.idle=10
> connection.pool.max.idle=20
> connection.pool.time.betweenevictionruns.millis=60000
> connection.pool.min.evictable.idle.time.millis=600000

Is there a connection.pool.max.evictable.idle.time.millis property which
forces the connection to be closed and removed from the pool. Also check
that you are closing all of your connections.

P.S. It helps if you prepend your Subject with [dbcp]. As you can see
this is a high volume mailing list.

Nice talking to you. Keep in touch,

> When i trace the evolution of the number fof active connection, i see this number increase
/ decrease.
> But at a moment my number of active connection reach the maxActive number of connection
and dont stop to this value.
> Its continue to increase until my tomcat fail down.
> Can you help me please.
> Thanks
> Loïc

To unsubscribe, e-mail: