commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <heg...@med.uni-marburg.de>
Subject Re: [fileupload] MIME type or serialization problem
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:24:07 GMT
I am no expert for [fileupload], but you should try an OutputStream
instead of a Writer. Writers perform character encoding for certain non
ASCII characters.

HTH Oliver

Ruiz Cadenas, Jose I. wrote:

>  Hi:
>
>  	I do file upload by a servlet using fileupload. I have no problem
>  with the upload process but... the uploaded file is different than the file
>  to upload. For example, the characters 90, 81, 9D, 8F (in hex) in a PDF
> file
>  were changed in character 3F. Why? Have I specify the MIME type?
>
>  I don't use the write() method of FileItem, instead I'm using
>
>  	BufferedWriter out = new BufferedWriter(new FileWriter(new
>  File(realPath)));
>
>  Is this correct?
>
>  TIA
>
>  nacho

Dipl.-Inform. Oliver Heger
Zentrale Informationsverarbeitung (ZIV) / Bereich Anwenderverfahren
Klinikum der Philipps-Universit├Ąt Marburg
Baldingerstra├če 3,
D-35037 Marburg
Tel: +49 6421 28-66592
mailto:oliver.heger@med.uni-marburg.de