commons-user mailing list archives

From José Antonio Pérez Testa <japte...@indra.es>
Subject [chain] Is anybody out there using chain in a production system?
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 13:59:49 GMT
Hello all,
I'm evaluating commons-chain to implement some sort of components.
The idea is to have components fire events and those events be processed
in a xml configurable chain of execution.
This schema allows me to insert processing commands in the flow of
execution dinamically and change from SimulatorExecutor to RealExecutor,
for example, or to insert a LoggerCommand that writes a detailed log of
the current event.

In order to give flexibility to the system I have to put almost
everything in the Context of the Command Chain, that is implemented as a
Map. This way leads to a lack of robustness and ellegance in the overall
implementation.

Anybody has faced the same dilema ??
de carácter confidencial exclusivamente dirigida a su destinatario o destinatarios. Queda
prohibida su divulgación, copia o distribución a terceros sin la previa autorización escrita
de Indra. En el caso de haber recibido este correo electrónico por error, se ruega notificar
inmediatamente esta circunstancia mediante reenvío a la dirección electrónica del remitente.