commons-user mailing list archives

From Michael McGrady <m...@michaelmcgrady.com>
Subject Re: FileUpload Parameter Handling
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 18:45:51 GMT
Are you using Struts, Adam?

Michael McGrady

Adam Pelletier wrote:

>I'm using commons-fileupload-1.0.jar.
>
>I'm trying to upload a file using enctype="multipart/form-data".
>
>However, I'm also passing a hidden form input element with an ID stuck in it.  This ID
is critical for the state of the servlet.  Oddly, when I use the enctype="multipart/form-data",
my HttpServletRequest no longer seems to contain the parameters usually accessible by req.getParameter("ID");.
 In the debugger I see that the parameter hashtable is empty.  As a test I remove enctype="multipart/form-data"
from the form.  The parameters then show up properly in the parameter map, but now the file
is not accessible.

>Is there a way to utilize both the file uploading capability and still have access to
the parameter list as it comes in as a HttpServletRequest?