commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Betwixt] Mapping Beans to Beans
Date Sun, 03 Oct 2004 22:19:06 GMT
On 29 Sep 2004, at 04:11, Brian Pugh wrote:

> I know this thread is a few weeks old, but I just came across it and I
> find myself needing exactly this kind of a framework for mapping beans
> to beans.  I am very "enthused by this idea" and would be willing to
> actively participate on a project to create such a framework.  Robert,
> are you implying that this is something you might see being done as an
> apache project?

dunno.

it depends.

this kind of thing would definitely fit well within the commons.
however, successful commons components do require a critical mass of
ASF committer energy. sometimes, it can be easier to build a community
elsewhere where the rules are different. i don't really have the spare
energy to push this through the sandbox by myself.

> Would others be interested in such a project if an attempt was made to
> create one?

that's the big question :)

anyone else interested in this one?

(maybe we need to raise this at the general level.)

- robert