commons-user mailing list archives

From Ben Souther <bsout...@fwdco.com>
Subject Re: File Upload Directory???
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 01:52:49 GMT
You're going to have a tough time doing that.
The browser, for security reasons, allows no programmatic access to the
file system.  You're pretty much limited to an input field(s) of type
"file".  You can't even pre-populate them.

A signed applet can prompt the user for extended access to the file
system but, javascript can't do it.