commons-user mailing list archives

From Ben Souther <bsout...@fwdco.com>
Subject Re: FileUpload Parameter Handling
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 18:30:33 GMT
Regular form params show up in in the DiskFileUpload.

When you iterate through the values, you can test to see
if they are form fields with "isFormField"

Example:......................................
DiskFileUpload upload = new DiskFileUpload();
List           files  = upload.parseRequest(request);
Iterator       it             = files.iterator();

while(it.hasNext()){
   FileItem item = (FileItem)it.next();
   if(item.isFormField()){....

On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 13:59, Adam Pelletier wrote:
> I'm using commons-fileupload-1.0.jar.
>
> I'm trying to upload a file using enctype="multipart/form-data".
>
> However, I'm also passing a hidden form input element with an ID stuck in it.  This ID
is critical for the state of the servlet.  Oddly, when I use the enctype="multipart/form-data",
my HttpServletRequest no longer seems to contain the parameters usually accessible by req.getParameter("ID");.
 In the debugger I see that the parameter hashtable is empty.  As a test I remove enctype="multipart/form-data"
from the form.  The parameters then show up properly in the parameter map, but now the file
is not accessible.

> Is there a way to utilize both the file uploading capability and still have access to
the parameter list as it comes in as a HttpServletRequest?